Error whil executing userdefined function in DS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

baglasumit21
Participant

Error whil executing userdefined function in DS

Post by baglasumit21 »

I am trying to execute a user defind function in DS through query as given below. When I click on view data I am able to see it but when I execute tha job it is aborting by giving message as invalid character.

My query is
Select User_defN_Func(1) from Dual;

Please let me know the solution to this
SMB
ogmios
Participant

Re: Error whil executing userdefined function in DS

Post by ogmios »

Forget doing that... you're trying to mix oracle and DataStage syntax. It won't work.
In theory there's no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
baglasumit21
Participant

Post by baglasumit21 »

ogmios wrote:Forget doing that... you're trying to mix oracle and DataStage syntax. It won't work.
It worked. It was my mistake. I gave a ; at the end of the query. Thats why it was giving an error as invalid character. Now its working fine.

Thnx...
SMB
baglasumit21
Participant

Post by baglasumit21 »

ogmios wrote:Forget doing that... you're trying to mix oracle and DataStage syntax. It won't work.
It worked. It was my mistake. I gave a ; at the end of the query. Thats why it was giving an error as invalid character. Now its working fine.

Thnx...
SMB
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Exactly - two things will typically generate that 'invalid character' error in Oracle: a semi-colon or untranslated job parameters.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers