Deploying .dsx job from Window platform to Unix platform

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinbhate
Participant

Deploying .dsx job from Window platform to Unix platform

Post by vinbhate »

Hi All,
I have done my development(DataStage job)and created the .dsx but the datastage is in Window 2003 platform and now i want to deploy all my jobs in Unix platform where Datastage is installed and same DataStage version(7.5)is there which i have.
Can i directly install the dsx into Unix platform by dataSatge Manager by import and export ...or i have to do special treatment for this :) .Please help

Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

You can simply import the DataStage components from your DSX file. The jobs will run, from a DataStage perspective.

However, if you have anything DOS-specific in your designs, such as pathnames and record delimiters in text files, your jobs (or DSX) may need some tweaking for UNIX running. This is not a DataStage issue but, instead, merely a difference between the ways that DOS and UNIX work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vinbhate
Participant

Post by vinbhate »

Thanks Ray for the warm welcome for this forum!!!!
Yes i tired exporting into Unix platform and my development worked :)
Regards and Thanks,
Vinita Bhate
sachin1
Participant

Post by sachin1 »

i think if you have some directory structure for your file location for windows machine ,need to be changed for unix system