Abnormal Behaviour of DS Job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amit_111
Participant

Abnormal Behaviour of DS Job

Post by Amit_111 »

Hi All,

I have a DataStage Job which when executed individually through DS Director gets executed fine without any warnings. But when I execute this job through a sequencer which also calls other jobs along with this job. I get a Phantom Warning message for this job.
I am not able to understand why I get warning only when I execute through the Sequencer and not when I execute individually.
Why is such an abnormal thing happening??

Thanks in Advance.
sachin1
Participant

Re: Abnormal Behaviour of DS Job

Post by sachin1 »

please qoute your warning message
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

DataStage Job 1017 Phantom 4949
Program "DSD.StageRun": Line 544, Nonnumeric data when numeric required. Zero used.
The above warning is only shown when executed through sequencer and the job runs fine when executed individually.
krishobby
Participant

Post by krishobby »

You are passing a parameter in the Jog sequence which in turn you are using in your job. When there is a discrepancy in the datatypes of the data being used, you get this warning. Check your data and the meta data defined for parameters and the values being passed.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If you are using version 6, then this might be the result of a programming error in DSD.StageRun. If you are certain that the only difference is in how you start the job and not the parameter values then this is the likely case and you could contact your support provider to confirm that.