need to read 3 columns and feed to ESP

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkpatlolla
Participant

need to read 3 columns and feed to ESP

Post by rkpatlolla »

need to develop a job where i have to "read" 3 columns from a table (source sql server 2000) and need to pass them to sequencer then sequencer shud pass it to shell script then shell script has to pass it to ESP so that if all the values from these 3 columns is "success" then ESP should be able to start a new job. implies the "reading job" is a predecessor to another set of job. i was wondering how should i go about getting this job done.... any help is appreciated... thank you....
Ravi Kiran
Ultramundane
Participant

Re: need to read 3 columns and feed to ESP

Post by Ultramundane »

rkpatlolla wrote:need to develop a job where i have to "read" 3 columns from a table (source sql server 2000) and need to pass them to sequencer then sequencer shud pass it to shell script then shell script has to pass it to ESP so that if all the values from these 3 columns is "success" then ESP should be able to start a new job. implies the "reading job" is a predecessor to another set of job. i was wondering how should i go about getting this job done.... any help is appreciated... thank you....
My interpretation.
ESP is your job scheduler and you need to make sure this proposed process returns valid data before ESP executes another job in an ESP job sequence.

Create a script to invoke a datastage job which reads your record and passes it to a transformer which has a constraint to reject any invalid records and to abort the job if one occurs. As part of the ESP sequence create a job to invoke your script. If the job doesn't execute successfully pass a non-zero return code out. The ESP sequence should stop at that step.