JOb parameters sheduling vs default

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

lucky_rl
Participant

JOb parameters sheduling vs default

Post by lucky_rl »

Hi all,

I was wonderting if someone could help me on this one ,

A week ago we had to reinstall our DS server (7x) , since then some of the sequences tend to fail

they DO run separately , but once sheduled to run at night with a new parameter value (production vs development) , the underlying jobs keep on using the default value (development)

for example ,

a job has job parameters set saying ENV = DEV as default when developing

when I then put it up in sheduling with ENV = PROD , the directors log shows that the underlying jobs is trying to go to ENV = DEV

with the job failing as a result .

the server has been reinstalled from backups , jobs where not changed since then , however , something has to be different (imho)

anybody a idea what is/went wrong ?

Best regards,

Luc
Luc Roofthooft
Functional Architect
saikir
Participant

Post by saikir »

Hi,

Did you verify the job parameters when you were exporting the job parameters from development to production? It is very much possible that the parameters were hard coded in development and running with the same in production. Also, check the parameters through the administrator in environment variables

Sai
lucky_rl
Participant

Post by lucky_rl »

saikir wrote:Hi,

Did you verify the job parameters when you were exporting the job parameters from development to production? It is very much possible that the parameters were hard coded in development and running with the same in production. Also, check the parameters through the administrator in environment variables

Sai
Hi Sai,

Yes i did checked that , now the funny thing is that I have 1 main seqeunce (which I run in shedule) and several sub-sequences,
if i run a particula job with the PROD value, they work
if a run a particular sub-sequence with the PROD value , it works
when I run the main sequence with the PROD value , it falls back to default DEV .
so I looks like the main sequence is not passing the parameters correctly but i don't see why.
[/url]
Luc Roofthooft
Functional Architect