Shared Memory File Problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

CharlesNagy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Shared Memory File Problem

Post by CharlesNagy »

We have upgraded Oracle to version 9 and Datastage from V6 to 7.5.2, and a job that used to work, now has the error:

ds_ipcopen() - shared memory file /tmp/PRODACHD.AchMajErpExtrCommLig..RGL_1-RGL_2 is wrong size

The jobs name is AchMajErpExtrCommLig, and RGL_1 - RGL_2 are transformers in the job. Unfortunately, I do not have access to the environment to run the job to debug, so am unable to provide more information.

Would appreciate if anyone can point me in the right direction.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you re-started the UNIX machine? If not, please try this, to clear structures from memory.
Make sure, too, that your shared library search list set up in the dsenv scripts refers to the version 9 libraries for Oracle.
Do your jobs use OCI (version 7), OCI8 or OCI9 stage types? You may need to make some adjustment here, too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The product ships with an 'OCI8 to OCI9' conversion utility, did you run that? Actually, as Ray notes, which OCI stage were/are you using?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
flashgordon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by flashgordon »

Hi,

I used the OCI8 to OCI9 Utility and it worked, I can vouch for it. I believe it is officailly unsupported by IBM though. I work for a big company too so I can relate to you not having any access. But I would say unless someone in the admin group can fix the problem you have to get some access. One thing I would try is write a new Oracle job from scratch and use OCI (only) stage and see if it works. You need to determine if your new upgrade has the ability to run Oracle jobs first. Then when you know that you can deal with the issue of whether the existing Oracle jobs you had, upgraded properly or not.

... Flash
Flash Gordon
Hyperborean Software Solution
CharlesNagy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Shared Memory Problem

Post by CharlesNagy »

This has now been resolved, (though not by me).
Apparently production were using the wrong Project parameters, (I have no details of the parameters they were using, sadly). I will make a follow up posting when I find out exactly what happened.

Meanwhile, thanks for everybodys comments, much appreciated.
flashgordon wrote:Hi,

I used the OCI8 to OCI9 Utility and it worked, I can vouch for it. I believe it is officailly unsupported by IBM though. I work for a big company too so I can relate to you not having any access. But I would say unless someone in the admin group can fix the problem you have to get some access. One thing I would try is write a new Oracle job from scratch and use OCI (only) stage and see if it works. You need to determine if your new upgrade has the ability to run Oracle jobs first. Then when you know that you can deal with the issue of whether the existing Oracle jobs you had, upgraded properly or not.

... Flash