Unix command line - dsjob

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wahil
Participant

Unix command line - dsjob

Post by wahil »

Hi all,

I am new in dstage and in our company we cannot use tools client as the director in the production environment. Ahead of this, ours jobs run is executed through the command dsjob -run. We have one script standard for this, also to recover log of job. It would like, however, with the objective to change experiences, to verify who more uses this functionality and as it deals with the capture log.

Regards,
Wagner
Brazil
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? Sorry, not really sure what you need help with or are looking for. Can you rephrase, please?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Raghavendra
Participant

Post by Raghavendra »

If I understand you question correct, dsjob -run command cannot capture the logs of the job.It can give the status of the job like completed succesfully. Please refere server developer guide pdf for more information on dsjob command.
Raghavendra
Dare to dream and care to achieve ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:?
Why can't you open a Director client onto your production project? It's the sensible way to view job logs. And it's not as if you can do any damage with that particular client that you couldn't do with access from the operating system.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.