Job Locked

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I presume you mean Cleanup Resources to log out the other user. This is a clean logout, but may take some time to complete. For safety, it is better to release all the locks owned by that process in the client before logging the process out. Then wait 2-4 minutes for the system to "clean up".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srdhr
Participant

Is 'cleanup resource' will affect the remaing running jobs

Post by srdhr »

ray.wurlod wrote:I presume you mean Cleanup Resources to log out the other user. This is a clean logout, but may take some time to complete. For safety, it is better to release all the locks owned by that process in ...
I mean, will the 'cleanup resource' option leads to any job aborts or data lost?
Srdhr
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The "cleanup resource" method will result in lost data if the job is locked because it is running; if the job is locked for editing then just the changes since the last save will be lost.