Web Services

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

Web Services

Post by g_rkrish »

Hi,

I am pretty much new to the Web services ..thing..My requirement is i have a XML file definitions..for that i need to extract from a webservices...and load to the table..i just created a sample webservices job to do that..
I created the job with the Webservices client stage ..and putting in to a file..But i do that am getting an error saying

/etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/axis.jar
/etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/commons-discovery.jar
/etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/commons-logging.jar
/etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/jaxrpc.jar
/etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/saaj.jar
/etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/lib/wsdl4j.jar
ASCL-DSJNI-00011`:`JNIWrapper: load library failed: directory /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/sovvm, name jvm
Could not load module /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java/jre/bin/sovvm/libjvm.a.
System error: No such file or directory

do i need install some utitlites or some webservies plugin pls help me out..
RK
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It's possible that it's the environment variables for the DataStage JVM.....try configuring these via the Administrator...

DATASTAGE_JRE =C:\IBM\InformationServer\ASBNode\apps
DATASTAGE_JVM=jre\bin\j9vm
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You may also need to edit your CLASSPATH environment variable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

ray.wurlod wrote:You may also need to edit your CLASSPATH environment variable. ...
Do i need to do with the dsenv file..also i have a separte install in my server for thw webservices in that i see thses folders..but in the Inforamtion server i dont have bin dir in java..so is there some thing i need to install on Information server or can i make it point to the Webservices install directory..Pls help with the Procedure....

thanks,
RK
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

RK,
You need to create a link "jre -> /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre". Then it should work.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

lstsaur wrote:RK,
You need to create a link "jre -> /opt/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre". Then it should work.
can you explain in detail pls....
RK
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

He is suggesting you need to create a symbolic link (or soft link) so that the software can find the jre. The question in my mind is where exactly you need to create this. And depending on permissions, you may need to get a SysAdmin to do this for you.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

RK,
Your job aborted becasue the DS couldn't find the "/jre/bin/classic" directory under the /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java, that's why you need to create a link (soft link), "jre -> /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre", from the /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java directory.

After the link has created, then the DS will find and load the JVM (libjvm).
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

Your job aborted becasue the DS couldn't find the "/jre/bin/classic" directory under the /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java, that's why you need to create a link (soft link), "jre -> /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre", from the /etlinstall/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/java directory.

After the link has created, then the DS will find and load the JVM (libjvm).
thanks for your help..i created soft link but i get a new error saying
Abnormal termination of stage Test..Sequential_File_3.IDENT1 detected
RK
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

RK,
Post your job and elaborate more what the job trying to do.
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

Post your job and elaborate more what the job trying to do.
what am doing is i have xml file definition..for theat i have data from the webservices which has two functions to perform to get the extract..also the webservices has a strkey which needs to be give....so what i did was with xml defintion follwing properties i gave it on the webservices client....

1.On the advance webservices property i gave the option for the service name which the webservices webstie address
2.On the operation i gave the function.
3.On the WSDL address i gave WSDL address link

then on the security tab i gave the strkey in the keystore file field....

From there i jsut put it into a seQential file....

Thats it..

Pls lemme know if you need more info...

Thanks,
RK
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Sounds like an interesting application, but I'd suggest that there are too many "new" things going on here.

Let's first make sure that the Web Services Pack is doing what it should and working as you expect it....on a tiny web service....one that has simple input and output....a simple WSDL, and absolutely no security.

Once that is working perfectly in a unit test fashion, then we can move on from there.

Right now it's hard to tell whether errors you are getting are WSPack related, Web Service related, environment related, or something else altogether.

A great Web Service for use in the WS Transformer is on xmethods.net ....go to their home page (it's down at the moment or I'd cut/paste the url here)...click on "FULL LIST" link about in the middle of the home page....then use CNTL-F and locate "Temperature Conversion Service". Drill into its WSDL and then copy that URL to the clipboard. Use the WSDL Meta Data IMporter and go to that WSDL, then ultimately import your table defintion (you have to drill thru to the operation CtoF or FtoC on the right and click Import. You will get several tabledefs in DataStage. Assuming that works ok, THEN go to the WSTransformer and load the Web Service, and then go to the message tabs and "load" the message detail (the link column details get loaded automatically). As a best practice, you should surround your WSTransformer with regular Transformers on either side......so your test job should be something like RowGenerator or Flat File to Transformer to WSTransformer to Transformer to Sequential target....

Generate some sample temperatures and make sure that works.

Ernie
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

eostic wrote:Sounds like an interesting application, but I'd suggest that there are too many "new" things going on here.

Let's first make sure that the Web Services Pack is doing what it should and working as you expect it....on a tiny web service....one that has simple input and output....a simple WSDL, and absolutely no security.

Once that is working perfectly in a unit test fashion, then we can move on from there.

Right now it's hard to tell whether errors you are getting are WSPack related, Web Service related, environment related, or something else altogether.

A great Web Service for use in the WS Transformer is on xmethods.net ....go to their home page (it's down at the moment or I'd cut/paste the url here)...click on "FULL LIST" link about in the middle of the home page....then use CNTL-F and locate "Temperature Conversion Service". Drill into its WSDL and then copy that URL to the clipboard. Use the WSDL Meta Data IMporter and go to that WSDL, then ultimately import your table defintion (you have to drill thru to the operation CtoF or FtoC on the right and click Import. You will get several tabledefs in DataStage. Assuming that works ok, THEN go to the WSTransformer and load the Web Service, and then go to the message tabs and "load" the message detail (the link column details get loaded automatically). As a best practice, you should surround your WSTransformer with regular Transformers on either side......so your test job should be something like RowGenerator or Flat File to Transformer to WSTransformer to Transformer to Sequential target....

Ernie
thanks for your replay..I will do the same from the web once it is up...and i will post whats gonna....

thanks,
RK
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

eostic wrote:Sounds like an interesting application, but I'd suggest that there are too many "new" things going on here.

Ernie
The webstie looks down all the time is there some other website where i could do those testing...Pls help me out....

Thanks,
RK
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

There are bunches....google "public web services" and there are dozens of sites offering everything from geographical temperatures to stock quotes and lots in between. Bummer about xmethods --- it is/was one of the best.... but keep looking.

Ernie