Run Time Error : 70

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pagerakesh
Participant

Run Time Error : 70

Post by pagerakesh »

Hi,

We have installed Datastage Server ed. in new server(Citrix Server), while openning the Datasge director we get a error like "Run Time Error : 70, Permission Denied", should we configure the service anywhere in the new server, Please advice.
by
rake.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Run Time Error : 70

Post by DeepakCorning »

I do not know if this will solve ur issue or not but just my 2 cents --

Run-time error '70' is typically the result of a security or permissions issue. The following is a list of possible causes of run-time error 70 but is by no means a complete or definitive list.

DCOM Is Not Enabled

If the Server machine does not have DCOM enabled, client machines will receive run-time error 70 when attempting to access the server. This scenario applies to Windows 2000, Windows NT, Windows 95, Windows 98, and Windows Millennium Edition (Me) servers:
1. On the Server machine, run DCOM Config (DCOMCNFG.EXE).
2. Choose the Default Properties tab.
3. Ensure that Enable Distributed COM on this computer is checked. This value is stored in the Windows Registry at the following location:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE
WesL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by WesL »

Pagerakesh,

We just setup a Citrix server as we are also having an issue with Director. The run-time error is different (339) and only appears once one user is logged in to Director and another attempts to log in.

I'll let you know if we run across anything of interest.