not able to write to flat file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

not able to write to flat file

Post by Xpert »

Hi all,

My target is sequential file stage, i am trying to load some data but its giving the below error message. Please someone knows help me. Thanks in Advance.

"CAS_ETL_DESIGN_MAP10a_New..FFHeader.LnkHeader: ds_seqopen() - error in 'open()' - Permission denied"

The job was running fine till yesterday. Other jobs also have target as flat file and those jobs are running fine. And also i am creating the flat files in the same folder for all the jobs only this job is giving this above said error message.
With regards,
Xpert
WoMaWil
Participant

Post by WoMaWil »

check the right on this directory and file. Maybe that DataStage has no right to write into that file.

The User you open datastage with and the user which is used in DataStage might not be the same.

Ask your operating System collegues (UNIX/WINDOW...) for help.
Wolfgang Hürter
Amsterdam
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check also whether the file already exists but is (a) owned by someone else and (b) their permissions don't allow your job to overwrite it. Check, too, that you still have write permission to the parent directory. Finally, make sure that all users in the project are in a common group and have a umask setting of 002.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Xpert
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Xpert »

Hi,

I didnt do anything now, but its working fine now. Can someone tell me, what is happening? I am not able to get any idea about this. Thanks for your replies.
With regards,
Xpert
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No idea. Tell us what changed before and after this behaviour. Ask your colleagues, as forcefully as necessary.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

May the process related to the job were not killed properly and it was still locked. Now that you waited for some time it would have timed out and u wud have gained access to the same.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not that. A lock problem would not emit a "permission denied" error.