Stored Procedure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tatireddi
Participant

Stored Procedure

Post by tatireddi »

Hi,

I have one stored procedure in Oracle to refresh all the materialized views in the schema. This stored procedure takes no input. when i execute the job i am getting the following error "Active Stage has no inputs or outputs".

I don't wnat to execute in sqlprompt or call sqlplus from routines.

Pls. do let me know how to go with the job.
Regards

Srinivas
sachin1
Participant

Re: Stored Procedure

Post by sachin1 »

please search for forum you will definitely get a solution
sachin1
Participant

Re: Stored Procedure

Post by sachin1 »

one hint is you have to use Stored_Procedure stage.
ag_ram
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ag_ram »

What are the components in your Job ? ODBC stage ? How does your Job Design look like ?
tatireddi
Participant

Post by tatireddi »

Hi Ram:

I am not using ODBC, i want to avoid this steps as i have all my other jobs executing using "Dynamic RDBMS". I used the "Stored Procedure" option while updating the dictionary and used the name of the stored procedure in the "Stored Procedure" option in the Database objects. While executing the above job i got the above mentoined error.
Regards

Srinivas
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A stored procedure invoked from a Dynamic RDBMS stage must process a record set.

The only way (without "leaving" DataStage) to call a stored procedure that does not process a record set is to use the Stored Procedure stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.