Searching for a job within a DataStage project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratuldey
Participant

Searching for a job within a DataStage project

Post by ratuldey »

Hi,

I had personally faced a problem while working on my Datastage project. I had a few Categories (Folders) within which I had numerous DS Jobs. Now it is really painful to go and open each Category(Folder) and look for the particular job I need.
Is there any mechanism within any of DS (Director, Manager, Designer, Administrator) by which I can search a particular job within the prroject with ease.

Thanks
Ratul.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a search facility in the Director client. It is the tool on the toolbar with binoculars as its icon.
In Director you can also disable the display of Categories all together, on the View menu. Director will take a relatively long time to refresh as it must then bring all job names in the project back to the client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a search facility in the Director client. It is the tool on the toolbar with binoculars as its icon.
In Director you can also disable the display of Categories all together, on the View menu. Director will take a relatively long time to refresh as it must then bring all job names in the project back to the client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.