Running DataStage jobs via AutoSys

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Running DataStage jobs via AutoSys

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi folks,
I currently am running DataStage jobs by executing BAT files through AutoSys. My question/concern is that Autosys returns as sucessful as soon as the DataStage job is executed(before completion). We created a few work arounds for now....having the last job in the sequence create a dummy file that will then kick off a subesequent job base on the success of a File Watcher job.
Is there something specific that needs to be coded in the Batch file, AutoSys jil or DataStage job so Autosys receives the actual return code from the DS job.
Thanks from NJ - - John
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... you are not using one of the 'dsjob' command line options that makes it wait for the job to complete? :?

-wait
-jobstatus
-userstatus

Pick one. Each cause the command to wait for the job to complete, the difference is in what is reported back.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Thanks Craig,
I immeditaely went to the documentation after reading your post and saw the command line options you mentioned. Will be testing in a few minutes.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Autosys and DS Command

Post by via »

Hello every one,
Not to hi-zag the thread, but a similar question.
I have DS installed on one server and Auto sys on a different server. Do we need to install client(both Autosys or ds client) on either of the servers for DSJOB command to work?

My actual question is how would autosys batch script log to DS box to run the DSJOB command?

Thank
Via
-------------------------------------
Learn all the way, as you Grow each Second
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If it works like the other Enterprise Schedulers I've seen, you would need to install the AutoSys client on every box where it would be controlling processes.
-craig

via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Will this client on the DS server be controlled with other auto sys clients in other server?
Via
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I'm not sure what you are asking. Your "AutoSys administrator" should be able to answer questions like this, though, I would hope.
-craig

via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Thank you again,

We have DS jobs that will run soon after source batch complete. I am trying to understand how to accomplish this using autosys.

We don't have autosys on DS server or DS client on Autosys server, and they don't want to install one.

I am trying to understand what is the go around.
Via
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They don't want to install one what? AutoSys client on the DataStage server? Is it a licensing issue? :?

You can look into installing a DS client on the AutoSys server, provided it's a Windows box, and then use dsjob from there to run jobs, I do believe. Never tried it. Best answer would be to have an AutoSys client on the DS server, though. IMHO. That's how these things work, after all.
-craig