Merging multiple XML files in to one Final XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Merging multiple XML files in to one Final XML

Post by sjordery »

[quote]
I want to generate a one master XML file , which has the master records at the begining and at the end it will have the reference/enumeration data.

I am building multiple XML files from the different tables and then I am trying to club/merge these XML files as per the schema defined for it.

Please let me know how this can be achived. [/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Download the XML Best Practices document from Kim Duke's website. It will lay that all out for you, how to combine intermediate chunks of XML into your final schema.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sjordery
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjordery »

[quote="chulett"]Download the [b]XML Best Practices[/b] document from [url=http://www.duke-consulting.com]Kim Duke's website.[/url] It will lay that all out for you, how to combine intermediate chunks of XML into your final schema.[/quote][quote]Thanks for showing me the right place. But did not resolved my problem. I have a two independent XML files, there is no relation between them. In the document whatever is mentioned is with a related ID "CUSTID". My problem is I have multiple tables for example two tables, one is a master record table anothor one is list of values which I should give along with master record XML. My out put schema is one which is defined in this manner. I am generating two different XMLs one for master one for list of values and I want to combine these two XMLs.[/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sheesh... first off, learn how to quote someone properly. And nothing works except plain text when you enable the 'Disable BBCode in this post' option. :?

Same techniques should work, just think a little outside of the box. If there's truly no relation between them, consider creating one, even an artifical one. You might want to give us a better example of what exactly you need to do.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers