Problem with DataStage 7 and Oracle 9i

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ratuldey
Participant

Problem with DataStage 7 and Oracle 9i

Post by ratuldey »

DataStage version : Server Edn. 7
Database : Oracle 9i

Hi,
I am facing problem with import of TIMESTAMP fields from Oracle 9i database using DS jobs built in DataStage version : Server Edn. 7. The job design had to be modified and I needed to import the TIMESTAMP columns in VARCHAR format in Source stage and then while exporting the data into target I need to convert that back to TIMESTAMP.

How ever in case of DataStage version : Server Edn. 7.5.2, this has been resolved, I guess. I can import TIMESTAMP data from database(Oracle table) into source table.

Please suggest whether there is really a compatibility issue wit DataStage 7 and Orcale 9i

Thanks,
Ratul.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

The problem at 7.0 could have been a bug that is resolved at 7.5.2; but the workaround you described should still work at 7.5.2. What exactly is the question that you have?
ratuldey
Participant

Post by ratuldey »

My question is simple, the workaround that we have in version 7 has worked fine. Moreover we do not need any workaround in 7.5.2.

I just needed to know that is this a common/known problem with DataStage version 7 and Oracle 9i compatibility or is it simply design problem from our part, that we could NOT have TIMESTAMP imported into Oracle stage??