Automation of RUNNUMBER (BATCH ID)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rkpatlolla
Participant

Automation of RUNNUMBER (BATCH ID)

Post by rkpatlolla »

how should i go about automation of runnumber (batch id)? i want to do this using a fild based method...i dont know how to write to a file using a shell script.
the bottom line is i need to write a shell script to a sequential file and use the file in a job....help is appreciated.....i have a dead line to meet....

thanks,
Ravi Kiran
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard.

The first thing you need to know is that this is an all-volunteer forum; people post as and when they can, without being paid. If you need urgent help, you should sign up with your support provider for premium service - we're not here to do "urgent".

Secondly, no doubt you have been employed as a DataStage consultant; a certain level of expertise is expected. If you are competent with DataStage you will know that you can use a Routine, and not have to write a shell script. That said, the ability to create a shell script is a valuable adjunct to a DataStage developer's armoury.

There are several self-employed consultants here who would be happy to write your shell scripts but only, since it's how they make their living, in exchange for appropriate compensation.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rubu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rubu »

Hello Ravi

Could you please provide some more detail about your requirement? What exactly is "using a fild based method"? Do you want to include BATCH number as a field in this file or as a part if the file name?

There may be various ways of achieving it depending on your exact requirement.

Regards