call sybase stored procedure?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

say2prabhu1
Participant

call sybase stored procedure?

Post by say2prabhu1 »

Hi,
i am calling sybase stored procedure.In syntax tab, i am not able to add sybase stored procedure name.The procedure is in X schema under B database.When i am trying to access the X schema through Datastage which is saying no procedures available in this DB.How can i access particular procedure in the schema? If anyone knows,reply back soon
kris
Participant

Re: call sybase stored procedure?

Post by kris »

say2prabhu1 wrote: i am not able to add sybase stored procedure name.The procedure is in X schema under B database.When i am trying to access the X schema through Datastage which is saying no procedures available in this DB.How can i access particular procedure in the schema?

Here is how you do this:
1. the first thing you should do is import your procedure schema definition from designer/manager(as if you import table definitions)
In the stored procedure stage,
2. Genral tab: you should select Database vendor: (sybase in your case)
3. Syntax tab: Browse through and select the procedure and also select the type.
4. Parameters tab: Load the definition

Then you should be good to go.
If you were doing the same and have issues, write more details about your issue.

Kris~
~Kris