LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagin
Charter Member
Charter Member

LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA

Post by Nagin »

Hi,
We have a DS Server edition installed on AIX platform, and have been having severe performance problems. I was going thru the documentation and found out that the DSEngine is shipped with minimum configuration to be able to run on servers with minimal hardware and we will have to reconfigure the DSEngine according to our hardware specs and that is by running the shmtest utility. I ran the utility on the server it gave me some recommendations for dmemoff, pmemoff, cmemoff etc. So, I followed the procedure outlined in the documentaion, back up the uvconfig file and modify the memory off sets with the recommended values, stop server regen and start.

It really didn't improve the performance much, so we opened a ticket with IBM, IBM came back to us with the same suggestion of modifying the memory offset to some fixed values and in addition to that they asked us to modify the dsenv file with the following entry LDR_CNTRL=MAXDATA=0x300000000; EXPORT LDR_CNTRL.

It improved the performace four times.

I tried seraching the forum for LDR_CNTRL and wanted to know what exactly is that but could not find much info about it.

Please let me know if anyone of you have any idea about these parameters. And, can I follow the same formulae for configuring DSEngine on other DS installs?

Thanks for your help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Why not ask the people that suggested it to you? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers