Export XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MrJingle
Participant

Export XML

Post by MrJingle »

Hi everibody.
I want to export my DS projects in XML, by using dsexport.exe command.

Can anyone help me with the syntax??

In particular I need the ones that give me the options included in the 'XML-Tab' showed in the Manager Export Window. I know the 'classic' syntax (-h hostname -u username -p password -o projectname pathfile)
Thanks
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The Server Developer's guide should have all this info for you.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
MrJingle
Participant

Post by MrJingle »

Unfortunately neither Server Developer guide nor Manager Guide can help me (i.e. page 289 (15-15) Manager Guide r.7.5.1)

For example the \XML options isn't mentioned, but we use it and it works.

help me, please

DSguru2B wrote:The Server Developer's guide should have all this info for you.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please be more specific - what options on the 'XML tab' are you interested in? If this is something that is truly undocumented, then your best bet would be to contact your official Support provider, get the information directly from the source.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I played around earlier at work and couldn't find a way to do it. You might try to take a look at the dscmdexport.exe in your favorite binary editor and find the constants section and search that for a possible command line option for xml. Failing that, I'd go through your support provider and see if there is an undocumented option to do this.
MrJingle
Participant

Post by MrJingle »

I need to export my jobs by using dsexport.exe (alternatively dscmdexport.exe), in XML format, including following options belonging to Option Tab:
1. Defaulted Properties
2. ReadOnly Objects
3. Referenced shared containers

and the one belonging to XML Tab:
1.Output as externalized strings

Thanks
M.A.

chulett wrote:Please be more specific - what options on the 'XML tab' are you interested in? If this is something that is truly undocumented, then your best bet would be to contact your official Support provider, get the information directly from the source.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Why not enable server side tracing and do an export from Manager, then disable server side tracing and inspect the trace file so you can see how DataStage does it? It might give a clue. Then again, it might not.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MrJingle
Participant

Post by MrJingle »

Unfortunately, I had no help from this workaround

ray.wurlod wrote:Why not enable server side tracing and do an export from Manager, then disable server side tracing and inspect the trace file so you can see how DataStage does it? It might give a clue. Then again, ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It wasn't a 'work around', it was a diagnostic technique. Did you actually enable server side tracing and inspect the trace file?

Regardless, sounds to me like it's time for you to contact your official Support provider and get them involved in your issue.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
MrJingle
Participant

Post by MrJingle »

Yes, I did it! No useful information.
I agree with you! It's time to contact Technical Support.
As soon as I get the information, I'll let you know.
Thanks a lot anyway

chulett wrote:It wasn't a 'work around', it was a diagnostic technique. Did you actually enable server side tracing and inspect the trace file?

Regardless, sounds to me like it's time for you to contact your official Support provider and get them involved in your issue.