Could not install multiclient manager

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yiminghu
Participant

Could not install multiclient manager

Post by yiminghu »

Hi,

We're trying to upgrade version 6.0 to 7.5, for a long period of time, we need to keep both versions. I already had version 6.0 installed on my computer, my co-worker installed version 7.5 for me on my computer, when asked upgrading to version 7.5, he chose 'No'. After installation, I tried to install multiclient manager, it asked me choose 'lanauge', which I did, then it pops up a dialog staing it is preparing installation files, then nothing happened afterwards.

What could go wrong? I was supecting that we might have to install multiclient manager first, then 7.5 version, but not 100% sure about that.

Thanks,

Carol
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Was 7.5 installed in a different location and program group than 6.0 ?

Did you re-start the Windows machine after this installation? Which version of DataStage starts?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Could not install multiclient manager

Post by chulett »

yiminghu wrote:I was supecting that we might have to install multiclient manager first, then 7.5 version, but not 100% sure about that.
No, installing it 'last' is perfectly fine. Are you certain it didn't actually install successfully? It's been too long, but I vaguely recall the installation being somewhat... goofy.

Sorry I can't really offer anything other than that. :(
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers