Automatically handle activities that fail

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

With no details on the actual design of your Sequence job, all you can get is a generic answer, which is the latter - 'other jobs finish first then the sequence will go in Aborted state'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tsamui
Participant

Post by tsamui »

In details I have five parallel jobs. Each job copy data from data warehouse to one another database. I create a sequence and create five jobs activity using these parallel jobs in this sequence and there is no connection (dependency) between them. If I run this sequence and one job activity abort, the sequence aborts immediately? :?:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What setting do you use for "Automatically handle activities that fail"?

Have you considered including an Exception Handler?

What precisely do you wish to happen if one of the jobs under control aborts? The Exception Handler may need to lead to a Terminator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

tsamui wrote:If I run this sequence and one job activity abort, the sequence aborts immediately? :?:
No.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers