Collecting job statistics

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ankita
Participant

Collecting job statistics

Post by ankita »

Hi All,
I am using DSJobReport to get the job statistics in xml file format.One job will be designed to read all such xml files and populate into a table.Since for each job level of details will vary, is there any way to find out the master list of attributes that can be generated through this report ?
Say, one xml file will have Job level attributes, Parameter details, ComponeneSet details etc. I need to list all the possible levels and attributes and their datatype as defined by DataStage.

Please suggest !

Thanks,
Ankita
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's not possible with DSJobReport. What you get is what you get. If you want something else, investigate ETLstats or search the forum for DIY techniques.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ankita
Participant

Post by ankita »

Thanks for the reply ! Can you please help me to understand the meaning/significance of following attributes as shown in job report ?

- Job WaveNo="1"
- StageStatus="10"

Is there any documentation where I can find these details ?
Also what is 'DIY technique' ?
Ankita
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DIY = Do It Yourself. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Wave number is a number used internally by DataStage to identify a unique instance of a job run. You don't need to interact with it.

Stage status is the status of an active stage (for example starting, waiting, running, finished), as reported in the Monitor view in Director. As far as I am aware there is no list for decoding these codes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ankita
Participant

Post by ankita »

Thanks Ray!
Ankita