Sequence Restart

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rajendran77
Participant

Sequence Restart

Post by rajendran77 »

Hi

I am running a master sequence which contain 20 sub Sequence. Each sub sequence has 6 jobs to run parallel.

20 Sub sequence propeties in Trigger tab 'Expression Type' defined as Uncontidional. so all jobs run if one job gets failed also.

I would like run a sequence to restart the failed jobs (Aborted) in that sequence.

Please aware me where i have to define that property.

Raja
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Job properties. General tab. Add checkpoints.

How many CPUs do you have? How much memory? You are trying to run 120 jobs simultaneously here. Good luck.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rajendran77
Participant

Post by rajendran77 »

Hi

Yes... First 6 run parallel and consequent manner.. If any one job get failed should condinue the next one with out Abort. Same time when i restart the sequence expected to run which are aborted.

If i enable Add checkpoints it will abort if any one jobs get fails in that sequence.

Raja
NehaKumari
Participant

Post by NehaKumari »

Hi All,

The Sequence restart option is available in 7.5.2. I want to know if it was there in 7.0 as well or not.
Kirtikumar
Participant

Post by Kirtikumar »

In the job sequence enabling job property Add check points to seq and disabling property Automatically handle the activities that fail might help you.
Regards,
S. Kirtikumar.