attaching MORE THAN ONE link to jOB ACTIVITY

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivenigalla
Participant

attaching MORE THAN ONE link to jOB ACTIVITY

Post by srinivenigalla »

I am trying to attach more one output linnk to the job activity as i would like to give an error link in addition to the OK link . I am unable to do . what is the problem, ANY ideas.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure you are dragging the link in the 'right' direction - from the Job Activity stage to the downstream stage?

What doesn't work about it, exactly? Is any error generated?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The job sequence allows as many outputs as you wish from a job activity (there's probably some upper limit like 127; I've never bothered to check).

What message is produced when you try? Are you creating a link from the Job activity to an activity that already has one input but does not support more? In this case, interpose a sequencer between the two activities; a sequencer has one or more inputs and one output.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srinivenigalla
Participant

Post by srinivenigalla »

OOPS it is job activity
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... do you still have a problem? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

srinivenigalla wrote:I am trying to attach more one output linnk to the job activity
You can link more than one links from the Job Activity, but you cannot attach more than one link to the Job activity.
In other words - One Input link and multiple Output links.

HTH
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.