Sequencers in server jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivenigalla
Participant

Sequencers in server jobs

Post by srinivenigalla »

In a series of hash jobs and sequencers to run for Peoplesoft EPM9.0 in Datastage server edition, I created a Master Sequence in which I am calling all the hash jobs and sequencers using job activities one after another. My questions are
1. As I have more hash jobs and sequencers to call in a Master sequence, is it ok create in ONE Master sequence or is it necessary to use more than one master sequence and then again use them in another sequencer?

Please let me know what are the benifits of using any one of the above.

Please also give reasons in what environments any of the above conditions are used.

:? Need :idea:
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

This is a question of choice and good design that will enable you maintain your Master Sequence.

Beyceson
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hash jobs should only be run in Amsterdam, where that kind of thing is legal.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Ray, you forgot sequencers are a part of job sequences.
Mamu Kim
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't have a problem with sequencers - you can use them legally (in job sequences) anywhere.
:wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.