Ascential Datastage 7.5.1.A

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

soham296
Participant

Ascential Datastage 7.5.1.A

Post by soham296 »

Hi,

I last worked on Ascential Datastage almost an year back. The version I was using was 7.5.1.A . What is the name and version of the product that I can use now to do the same things that we did earlier. Can I import my jobs from my earlier work to the Webspere Datastage ?

cheers
Soham
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ascential DataStage version 7.5.1A

Yes
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
soham296
Participant

Post by soham296 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Ascential DataStage version 7.5.1A

Yes ...
Thanks Ray, I remember you are quite helpful, even an year back.
But, precisely, what I am asking is, Does the product Ascential Datastage 7.5.1.A still exist for buying or downloading ? Or, has it been named IBM Websphere Datastage? In the later case, which version onwards, can my previous work in DS 7.5.1.A be supported ? I just want to implement the same work for a different project. Just wondering what is the software that I should procure now.

thanks
Soham
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It still exists. IBM will push you to purchase version 8.0 (IBM Information Server with DataStage), but the hardware requirements are substantially larger. IBM will offer to sell you more hardware, which is the only solution.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.