getting error"Could not load drsdb2.dll" on DB2 UN

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

naveenshetty
Participant

getting error"Could not load drsdb2.dll" on DB2 UN

Post by naveenshetty »

I'm working on Server jobs with TARGET DB as DB2 UNIX with source as Oracle, and getting error "Could not load drsdb2.dll" , same error i'm getting with DB2OS390 as target, target stage we are using is DRS stage, discussed with environemnts team here, but of no use, please advise me what could be the possible reasons & please provide me any resolution if any,Thanks in advance.
naveen shetty
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Although this is an old topic I will post a solution that worked for us instead of starting a new thread.

Our environment is IIS v8.1 on AIX 6.1.

A developer imported a job. They are the owner and belong to a different primary group. The scripts used to execute the job are run as dsadm and group is dstage. Since the job was run under dsadm and the group was dstage the permission granted were other, (5) execute and read.

The job failed with "Could not load drsdbs.dll". The job was deleted from the environment and re-imported with a group of dstage with the correct permissions, (7) execute, write and read.

The job ran successfully.

Hope this will help someone in the future.
dhelsley
Participant

Future Reference...

Post by dhelsley »

I had this issue under a reinstall of 8.1 and a new install of 8.5. Both on Windows Server 2003 using the IBM ODBC connection not DataDirect. In both cases uninstalling and reinstalling the DB2 client resolved the issue.
Dave