TO clear entries in log

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RelianceDss
Premium Member
Premium Member

TO clear entries in log

Post by RelianceDss »

Hi Experts,

I have made a setting in Administrator set to clear one day old logs.

but when checking log entries through dsjob -logdetails, there are entries dated on Sep-2006 (when project started).

Please guide me how to clear these entries.

Thans & Regards,
Nitin Swarnkar
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In Director client choose Clear Log from the Job menu. Select Immediate purge option, and your settings in the Immediate purge frame.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
RelianceDss
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by RelianceDss »

ray.wurlod wrote:In Director client choose Clear Log from the Job menu. Select Immediate purge option, and your settings in the Immediate purge frame.
Hi Ray,

There are more then 500 jobs in my project, Is there any setting by which these logs automatically deleted after some time.

Actually we are running so many jobs as multi instance basis and we have to clear &PH& regularly.

As per my understanding if we save space in writing log or keeping them in memory, that give us more space for &PH&. I mean total space available is fix.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Swarnkar.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That setting in the Administrator is the default setting for the Project and only affects new jobs created after the option was enabled.

Ken Bland has a suite of Job Control Utilities available for free download from his website, one of which is a little job to set the auto-purge information across a series of job automatically. It may even have been posted here. Other than coding something like that, it's a manual bit of 'monkey work' where you set it in each log individually.

And the &PH& (phantom) directory is a completely separate issue. You need to manage them yourself, clear them out on a regular basis. This is typically accomplished via a cron script that runs daily and removes any files over X days old.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
47shailesh
Participant

Post by 47shailesh »

In DataStage Administrator after login Choose correct project in project tab and then hit properties button there check on "auto-purge" check box and put time(days) when you want to purge log automatically
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Auto purge setting applied in Administrator does not affect extant jobs; it only affects subsequently-created jobs.

There is nothing out of the box to globally change purge settings in existing jobs. I've certainly written one, and you can download one from Ken Bland's website.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.