Configure DataStage windows version for Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jusami25
Premium Member
Premium Member

Configure DataStage windows version for Oracle

Post by jusami25 »

Hi,

I would like to set up my DataStage werver on Windows to make it work with Oracle using OCI stages.

In UNIX you have to edit the odbc.ini, uvconfig.ini and the dsenv files, but in the windows version these files are not present.

Can anybody help me??
I guess If i have installed the ORacle client in the same box as the DataStage server, and I can connect to the DB with SQL plus DS won't work with OCI stages stright away, isn't it??

Thanks so much in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In UNIX all you need to edit is the dsenv file. The others - .odbc.ini and uvodbc.config - are for (as their name implies) ODBC and not OCI. Other mechanisms control this on Windows.

:? Have you installed the Oracle client on the same box as the DataStage server? Can you connect to a database with sql*plus? If so, have you tried connecting via DataStage?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

On a Windows platform, and provided that the Oracle environment variables have been set for the user who executes the DataStage job, installing the Oracle client software on the DataStage server machine should be all you need to do.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saketgarg
Participant

Re: Configure DataStage windows version for Oracle

Post by saketgarg »

Its working fine with me.I have installed both ds server and oracle server on the same machine and also the odbc drivers .I can connect to oracle using odbc as well as oci stage .Whats problem you are getting
jusami25 wrote:Hi,

I would like to set up my DataStage werver on Windows to make it work with Oracle using OCI stages.

In UNIX you have to edit the odbc.ini, uvconfig.ini and the dsenv files, but in the windows version these files are not present.

Can anybody help me??
I guess If i have installed the ORacle client in the same box as the DataStage server, and I can connect to the DB with SQL plus DS won't work with OCI stages stright away, isn't it??

Thanks so much in advance
SIMPLY SAKET