50 warning!!!

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajongba
Participant

50 warning!!!

Post by ajongba »

Hi all
I tried search option for this topic and found a lot of help which was almost having the same problem as mine but i just wanted to make things clear as i tried all the changes in my unix code but it is still not working.
Here is my job details...... I have a sequencer which is calling about 10 jobs, now it is presently getting aborted due to the 50 warnings(default),.. I want the whole process to run even if all the records from all the jobs are registered as warning.....
The command that i am using in the unix code is as follows:
"dsjob -run -wait ${ParmList} -jobstatus $ProjName $JobName"
Please tell me where to put -warn 0 option in the command and is it enough to put the -warn 0 option for all the jobs under the sequencer to run without aborting for the 50 warnings condition.

Your help will be appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Code: Select all

dsjob -run -warn 0 -wait ${ParmList} -jobstatus $ProjName $JobName
Placement isn't critical as long as Project and Job come last. And all child jobs will inherit this limit from the Sequence automagically.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You can stick the -warn 0 option anywhere after the -run and before the Project name. Setting warning limit for a sequence job is enough for all its subordinate jobs.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ajongba
Participant

Post by ajongba »

Thank you all for the prompt reply...I'll implement the changes and let you know
ajongba
Participant

Post by ajongba »

errr.......guys....it seems like i m still finding the 50 warning hard to get rid of.... The code that i used is :
"dsjob -run -warn 0 -wait ${ParmList} -jobstatus $ProjName $JobName"
but still the sequence gets aborted due to 50 warning....What is the problem ....guys please help me out :x
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Look in the Sequence job's log for a 'Job Run requested (...)' entry and double-click on it. What is the Mode (row/warn limits) ?
-craig

ajongba
Participant

Post by ajongba »

chulett wrote:Look in the Sequence job's log for a 'Job Run requested (...)' entry and double-click on it. What is the Mode (row/warn limits) ? ...

The MODE(row/warn limit) is 0/50...... I think its not suppose to be like this :( ... what other changes do i have to made guys???????????
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try changing the project default. Open Director, choose Options from the Tools menu.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ajongba
Participant

Post by ajongba »

ray.wurlod wrote:Try changing the project default. Open Director, choose Options from the Tools menu. ...
The director warning limit is already set to 'no limit'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You need to verify that you are actually passing the warning limit correctly to the job run. Echo out the complete dsjob command just before you actually execute it and capture that somewhere.

The documentation says in many places:
By default a controlled job inherits any row or warning limits from the controlling job.
Now, this is all from the 7.x documentation so while I believe it applies to any given version I can't verify that for 6.x. See what you can find in your documentation - check the DSSetJobLimit function as one example.

After that, suggest you call your Support provider and get an 'official' answer for your particular version and operating system. Perhaps it is a known issue...
-craig