migration tool

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pavan31081980
Participant

migration tool

Post by pavan31081980 »

hi,

Is there any migration tool thru which we can shift all the jobs and project as a whole from informatica 7X to DataStage 7X.

If not possible,pls let me know if there are any other alternatives.

Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The only 'tool' I've heard of is the property of IBM and is only for use by their consultants during a migration. Actually, I'm thinking of a Server to PX conversion tool. No clue if they've also got one for INFA. In either case, there won't be anywhere near a 100% conversion, except for the simplest of jobs.

Of course there are alternatives. Rather than a software solution, there's always the wetware one. People brains. Look at the INFA job(s) and then develop something equivalent in DS. And keep in mind that it won't necessarily be a one-to-one conversion.

Not sure what other kind of 'alternative' you were looking for. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I know Kim was talking about bulding such a tool a couple of years back. Dont know what happened to it. I know he had built a DataStage to PLSQL and DataStage to VB converter. Dont know about conversion between tools.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.