hash file error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagequestions
Participant

hash file error

Post by datastagequestions »

Hi,

When I try to create a hash file. I am getting this error:
Hashed_File_1.DSLink2: DSD.UVOpen Invalid Account name -
I created a new account in manager. When I open hash file and I check
account option, it shows me the new account that I created. I selected that one and the file name.
When I run it its giving me this error.

Any help will be appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How did you 'create a new account' in the Manager?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sun rays
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: hash file error

Post by sun rays »

Isn't Account supposed to be the Project you are working in ?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

They are synonymous in this context. Not necessarily the one 'you are working in' however, unless it is left blank. Hence my curiosity about what exactly was created via the Administrator.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Precisely how did you "create a new account"? Which client? It can't be done in Manager by any means of which I am aware (at least not without creating a routine).

Precisely how did you create the hashed file? (Note, it's "hashed", not "hash" file.) What were the settings on the Stage tab of the Hashed File stage?

And precisely what are you doing when the error you report is emitted?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datastagequestions
Participant

[quote="chulett"]How did you 'create a new account' in the Manager? ...[/quote]

I went to Manager and open the project that I was running my job into, then created a new table definition(ABC).
After this I went to designer and in my hash file I gave that category name and selected my hash file definition(ABC). I selected the option Create file in my hashed file stage. When I ran the job, I got this error.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ok. A 'table definition' is not an 'account'. The Account in a Hashed File stage is synonymous with the Project the job that uses it is running in. This would typically be left blank to indicate the 'current' project.

Your table definition should be either used with the 'Load' option on the Columns tab or dragged from the Repository Browser and dropped onto the link to the Hashed File. Either way will get you those columns in the stage, which is what I *assume* you are trying to accomplish.

ps. You have the 'Disable BBCode' option enabled / checked, which is why the quote in your post came out wrong. Uncheck it.
-craig

datastagequestions
Participant

I started all over again. In designer, in hash file stage, I left the account name blank so it will take current project name by default, then I specify filename and checked create file option, job ran fine. But I can't find the hash file that it created. I went to Manager and checked, can't find the hash file.

[quote="chulett"]Ok. A 'table definition' is not an 'account'. The [b]Account[/b] in a Hashed File stage is synonymous with the [b]Project[/b] the job that uses it is running in. This would typically be left blank to indicate the 'current' project.

Your table definition should be either used with the 'Load' option on the Columns tab or dragged from the Repository Browser and dropped onto the link to the Hashed File. Either way will get you those columns in the stage, which is what I *assume* you are trying to accomplish.

ps. You have the 'Disable BBCode' option enabled / checked, which is why the quote in your post came out wrong. Uncheck it.[/quote]
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As you noted, it will be in the Project directory that the job was run from.

ps. You still have the 'Disable BBCode' option enabled / checked, which is why the quote in your post came out wrong. Again. Uncheck it.
-craig

Abburi
Participant

Post by Abburi »

datastagequestions wrote:I started all over again. In designer, in hash file stage, I left the account name blank so it will take current project name by default, then I specify filename and checked create file option, job ran fine. But I can't find the hash file that it created. I went to Manager and checked, can't find the hash file.
chulett wrote:Ok. A 'table definition' is not an 'account'. The Account in a Hashed File stage is synonymous with the Project the job that uses it is running in. This would typically be left blank to indicate the 'current' project.

ps. You have the 'Disable BBCode' option enabled / checked, which is why the quote in your post came out wrong. Uncheck it.
Hi,

If you want to use, created hashed file as lookup or some other job to process the data then, check the option "Use directory Path" of Stage tab and give the path.

For giving the path there are two cases.

1) If your server is running on NT box then you have to give the NT box storage Path. Ex:- c:\data\Hash

2)If your server is running on UNIX box then you have to give the UNIX box storage path for your project. Ex:- \data\hash

Put the fine name in the In Input Tab. After running the job you will find the File above specified path with give filename.

Then you can see the file in respected folder.

Hope this is what your looking :) .
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

datastagequestions wrote:... But I can't find the hash file that it created. I went to Manager and checked, can't find the hash file...
The Manager will not point to the hashed file location, it will contain the metadata for that hashed file if you decide to load it. You can import the metadata from the physical hashed file, as noted in this thread the file you created will be located in the project directory.