Longvarbinary datatype problem in a job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shaonli
Participant

Longvarbinary datatype problem in a job

Post by shaonli »

Source of my job is SQL server table.It has a column whose datatype is Longvar binary (length-214748364).
The target table is oracle 9i.I am creating the table from job with same datatype.
The table is getting created with datatype LongRaw.But The job is getting aborted with error "Oracle datatype not presently supported".

Is datastage 7.5.2 not able to handle longvar binary?
Please suggest.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

LongVarBinary is not a supported data type.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In particular, it's complaining about the Oracle LongRaw datatype not being supported.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

Thanks for the info.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I can't help with the SQL Server question about LongVarBinary support. For the Oracle side, however, I would definitely avoid LONG or LONG RAW datatypes. They're really something you were stuck with in Oracle7 but since then have been deprecated and one should now use the 'new' LOB fields, introduced in 8i and enhanced since then.

Lots of information out there on the subject. Here's one such example that I Googled up. Hope it helps.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers