How to subtract one day from a timestampvalue?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rverharen
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to subtract one day from a timestampvalue?

Post by rverharen »

I think my question is not so difficult to answer but can anybody tell me the easiest way to subtract one day from a timestamp value?

being a little oracle minded i tried just adding -1 to the deriviation but when running the job, the job aborts.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In a server job separate the date and time portions, subtract one day from the day portion, then re-assemble the timestamp.

Code: Select all

Oconv(Iconv(Field(InLink.TheTimestamp, " ", 1, 1), "DYMD") - 1, "D-YMD[4,2,2]") : " " : Field(InLink.TheTimestamp, " ", 2, 3) 
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rverharen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rverharen »

ray.wurlod wrote:In a server job separate the date and time portions, subtract one day from the day portion, then re-assemble the timestamp.

Code: Select all

Oconv(Iconv(Field(InLink.TheTimestamp, " ", 1, 1), "DYMD") - 1, "D-YMD[4,2,2]") : " " : Field(InLink.TheTimestamp, " ", 2, 3) 
I will be using it right away.
Thanks Ray.

Greetings Roy