Error in opening DS Administration

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mousazzi
Participant

Error in opening DS Administration

Post by mousazzi »

Hi All, everytime I open the Administration tool and I click on Properties button there is a dialog with a warning:
DSR.ADMIN: Failed to enumerate local groups -
Can anyone tell me which is the problem and in which way can I resolve it ??

Thanks a lot
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or you are missing the ".*.adm" files in either the DSEngine or Project directories, particularly the .developer.adm file.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Failed to enumerate local groups may mean that you're logged in as a domain user who is not a local administrator.

Failed to enumerate domain groups may mean that you're logged in as a local user who is not a domain administrator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nvrts1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvrts1 »

chulett wrote:Or you are missing the ".*.adm" files in either the DSEngine or Project directories, particularly the .developer.adm file.
I had the same problem when I uninstalled old 751A version to install 752 Version. I had these files in the server directory , but not in the project directories. This is the first time I had this problem.
How did it happen ? - is it a bug in 7.5.2 AIX server install ?.

what needs to be done for now ? - If I copy these files from the another project in a different server which is 751A, is it good ?. - does it corrupt some other things

Please suggest.
nvrts1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nvrts1 »

nvrts1 wrote:
chulett wrote:Or you are missing the ".*.adm" files in either the DSEngine or Project directories, particularly the .developer.adm file.
I had the same problem when I uninstalled old 751A version to install 752 Version. I had these files in the server directory , but not in the project directories. This is the first time I had this problem.

what needs to be done for now ? - If I copy these files from the another project in a different server which is 751A, is it good ?. - does it corrupt some other things

Please suggest.
These files only contains the userid's, so I copied them from another server and it is working.
But I am still not sure how this happened. I installed over 30 , 40 times over the years, this is the first time I got this problem.