Job Abort Help

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

muruganr117
Participant

Job Abort Help

Post by muruganr117 »

Hi,

My jobs got aborted with the below log. These jobs were working fine till yesterday. No changes were made then after and when i executed today it got aborted with the specified warning messages.

"Stage Lkp_NMBD_AUTO. with .TrnLkp_TADDRESS_JP after the occurring of ABORT cleanup in the midst of trial"

All jobs are look up jobs. it contains an OCI -> Transformer -> Hash file.

Kindly let me know what does this error mean.

thank you
Murugan R
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For any 'abnormal abort', the first thing you need to do is Reset the aborted job from the Director and post any 'From previous run...' messages that appear in the log. Otherwise we all (yourself included) have to guess the reason behind the abort.

:idea: It is always best if you cut and paste the actual error messages you get rather than typing them in by hand and ending up with something that is only close... or just plain wrong. I don't recall any message like "after the occuring of ABORT cleanup in the midst of trial" as one example of my concern.

We've spent way too much time chasing our tails from people doing things like posting made up examples of their problems to paraphrasing error messages. Thanks.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Job Abort Help

Post by ray.wurlod »

muruganr117 wrote:All jobs are look up jobs. it contains an OCI -> Transformer -> Hash file.
Clearly this one is NOT a "look up job". It's a job that loads a hashed file.
Always check the first warning first. The alert that DataStage is attempting to clean up after an abort is not interesting in the context of trying to solve your problem - you need to determine what caused the abort. And the correct term is "hashed file", not "hash file".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.