Creating Hashed File

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mousazzi
Participant

Creating Hashed File

Post by mousazzi »

Hi All.
I've got a Before/After routine that get a set of information about the server job that recall it (number of rows, oracle error, name of the stage and so on). I'd like to store this information in an Hashed File (now I put then in a flat file) but I didin't find any specific command to create and store data in it. I'd prefer the Hashed File instead of Flat one because the routine must be used form all the job in the project (about 1000) and I have to insert in an Oracle table all these informations.
Thanks and Ciao.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Research the following statements in the on-line Help or in the DataStage BASIC manual:
OPEN
RECORDLOCKU
READU
WRITE
RELEASE
CLOSE

That should get you close.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mousazzi
Participant

Post by mousazzi »

ray.wurlod wrote: Research the following statements in the on-line Help or in the DataStage BASIC manual:
OPEN
RECORDLOCKU
READU
WRITE
RELEASE
CLOSE

That should get you close. ...
Yes but I can't understand how I can create a new one...
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Also research about CREATE.FILE .
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You would call CREATE.FILE, CREATE TABLE or mkdbfile through the DSExecute() subroutine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.