Handling Rejected Records

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are trying to capture rejects from what - a database? Something else?

Those functions aren't the kind of thing you should be using in constraints. I'd suggest you open up the online Help in Designer, go to the Index tab and type 'reject rows'. This will give you a decent overview of how rejects work in Server jobs. There is also a reject link in about the middle of the page that will take you a specific discussion on how to capture rejected records.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

Server Edition does not use strong typing so will often not complain about chars in number fields, so you need to perform the checks yourself.

Code: Select all

Num(input.field) 
should work for this example, allowing only records through that have numeric values in field. You can then set another link as a reject link to captures all records that do not fulfill this condition.
Regards,

Nick.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please read through that information and try to put it to use. It would be best to come back with specific questions once you have had some experience with them.

Depending on exactly what you need, you may be 'rejecting' records logically before they become an issue as Nick notes. Or you may need to handle true rejects kicked back from database and other stages, the online help will help you capture them and reroute them to another destination.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Handling Rejected Records

Post by cosec »

Hi,

Thanks for the Help...I was able to get my desired tests done...Thanks