timestamp issue?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jshurak
Participant

timestamp issue?

Post by jshurak »

P2P_Hist_Count..ODBC_0.DSLink3: DSD.BCIOpenR results of SQLColAttributes(batch_strt_tmstp) gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.TYPE Expected = Timestamp Actual = Decimal
P2P_Hist_Count..ODBC_0.DSLink3: DSD.BCIOpenR results of SQLColAttributes(batch_strt_tmstp) gave MetaData mismatch
MetaData mismatch on COLUMN.SCALE Expected = 0 Actual = 3
P2P_Hist_Count..ODBC_0.DSLink3: DSD.BCIOpenR results of SQLColAttributes(batch_end_tmstp) gave MetaData mismatch
COLUMN.TYPE Expected = Timestamp Actual = Decimal
P2P_Hist_Count..ODBC_0.DSLink3: DSD.BCIOpenR results of SQLColAttributes(batch_end_tmstp) gave MetaData mismatch
MetaData mismatch on COLUMN.SCALE Expected = 0 Actual = 3
P2P_Hist_Count..ODBC_0.DSLink3: DSD.BCIGetNext call to SQLFetch failed.
SQL statement:select batch_strt_tmstp, batch_end_tmstp
from DATAMGR.BATCH_LOG
where process_id = 'T1_LOAD_XT_P2P_HIST'
and trunc(batch_strt_tmstp) = '11-MAY-2007'

SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=932
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-00932: inconsistent datatypes: expected got
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here. These columns are in fact timestamps. For some reason Datastage views them as decimals. Any ideas?
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Are you able to view data? Can you post the sql you are using? Also you are using tunc() function on the timestamp, but I do not see any time part, just the date part. Is it really a timestamp or just date, and if just date, then why are you using the trunc() function?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
jshurak
Participant

Post by jshurak »

Code: Select all

select batch_strt_tmstp, batch_end_tmstp
from DATAMGR.BATCH_LOG
and trunc(batch_strt_tmstp) = '11-MAY-2007' 
this is the actual query I'm using. the 11-MAY-2007 will be rplace with a variable. It is a timestamp. I'm trunc-ing it because I want to collect data only from that day.

I can't view the data. I get the error message I posted when I try. The query works perfectly fine outside of datastage. Here is a shot of the result out of datastage:

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Use generated sql. Also, '11-MAY-2007' is a mere representation of the date format set for your sql tool. Also, trunc() will not elimiate the time part it will just set the time to '00:00:00'.
Try the following if you insist for user defined sql.

Code: Select all

select TO_CHAR(batch_strt_tmstp, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'),
TO_CHAR(batch_end_tmstp, 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS')
from DATAMGR.BATCH_LOG 
and TO_CHAR(TRUNC(batch_strt_tmstp), 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS') = '2007-05-11 00:00:00'
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
jshurak
Participant

Post by jshurak »

excellent. That worked. Thank you so much!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Time to mark this thread as resolved, then.

The issue appears to be that either the database or DataStage is using milliseconds in timestamps by default, and the other isn't. Forcing "no milliseconds" via the date picture in TO_CHAR() has rendered the formats compatible. You could have changed the metadata to precision 22 scale 3 to achieve the same result.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.