TimeStamp in CFF Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

burrougs
Participant

TimeStamp in CFF Stage

Post by burrougs »

We are in the process of converting from 7.0 to 7.5.2 and are experiencing problems with the CFF stage. We have NLS enabled in the project and we have chosen NLS map of EBCDIC. The data is viewable with the exception of a column that was a date timestamp on the mainframe. The data looks similar to this in the CFF stage :??a??a????. Can anyone help with this issue? Thanks, Sheila
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Experiment with the NLS map setting. The CFF stage can manage EBCDIC internally, so try ISO8859-1 as a start point. Try NONE, although I doubt that that would work.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
burrougs
Participant

Post by burrougs »

I change the NLS setting on the CFF stage and also the job level but without success. When I changed it on the job level all field were unreadable. The format of the field coming in on the CFF stage is CHARACTER 26 scale 6, could this need to be adjusted or have any impact on the results.

Thanks, Sheila
thamark
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by thamark »

burrougs wrote:I change the NLS setting on the CFF stage and also the job level but without success. When I changed it on the job level all field were unreadable. The format of the field coming in on the CFF stage is CHARACTER 26 scale 6, could this need to be adjusted or have any impact on the results.

Thanks, Sheila
Is the other fields are showing correctly?
What is the COBOL Copybook defination for the field you are talking about?

You need to define column defination as Decimal, if Copybook defines it as PIC 9(X)....
Hmm i will fill this when ever i get one