Jobs associated with a sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

killbill1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Jobs associated with a sequence

Post by killbill1 »

I am trying to see all the job dependencies in a sequence. I can run a report and get them but is there a query i can use against the Universe to get all the jobs that are associated with a sequence.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Use the dssearch command. Something like

Code: Select all

dssearch -ljobs -uses <ProjectName> <JobSequenceName>
Search on dssearch in Server Job Developer's Guide.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
killbill1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Thanks a lot!!! works perfectly.

Post by killbill1 »

Thanks a lot!!! works perfectly. It lists all the jobs and sequences underlying a sequence... but is there something that will list the jobs inside a sequence for a sequence. I am confusing here.... say 1_s is a sequence under the sequence 2_s. when i run the mentioned command it lists all the jobs under 2_s and the sequence 1_s. Can i also get the jobs associated with 1_s and so on at one shot.
killbill1
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Thanks a lot!!! works perfectly.

Post by killbill1 »

[quote="killbill1"]Thanks a lot!!! works perfectly. It lists all the jobs and sequences underlying a sequence... but is there something that will list the jobs inside a sequence for a sequence. I am confusing here.... say 1_s is a sequence under the sequence 2_s. when i run the mentioned command it lists all the jobs under 2_s and the sequence 1_s. Can i also get the jobs associated with 1_s and so on at one shot.[/quote]

Dont worry about this..I used a -r in the utility and it is all good. Thanks a lot.