Hash file not getting created

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amitendra_amit
Participant

Hash file not getting created

Post by amitendra_amit »

Hi,

I am creating a hash file with 3 million records and its following error:
"HASH_DW_GRID..HASH_DW_GRID_APIGG.loDW_GRID: DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file /vol02/home/dsadm/hash/DW_GRID_APIGG"

This hash file job was running successfully till yesterday and no changes has been made in the DS code.

If I run other hash files with less data no problem is coming up.

Any thoughts why this error is coming.

Cheers
Sunshine
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

What did you find when you searched on "DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file" ?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
OttMAdpttch
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by OttMAdpttch »

If your data volume today is close to before then perhaps the create error message has to do with Unix file permissions. I'd suggest that you verify that the login you are using has the correct Unix permissions to create/modify the hashed data file (and/or its directory location). If your permissions are okay then you may be trying to create a hashed data file that is larger than your maximum 2 gig or 4 gig Unix file size limit.
Mark Ott
DataStage Architect
Adept Technologies, Inc.
pradeepleon
Participant

Re: Hash file not getting created

Post by pradeepleon »

amitendra_amit wrote:Hi,

"HASH_DW_GRID..HASH_DW_GRID_APIGG.loDW_GRID: DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file /vol02/home/dsadm/hash/DW_GRID_APIGG"

This hash file job was running successfully till yesterday and no changes has been made in the DS code.

Cheers

Hi there,

For Hash File Stage:
If you have to create the file for each run,set it to 'clear before writing' or if there are any custom standards,check the create file in general tab.then go to the options and set it accordingly
Thanks,
Pradeep

(Ten Hugs And Nine KisseS - THANKS)......is that true?

In GOD we trust,for all others we take cash.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There should be another message with why it couldn't. Also curious if you get this right away or after a large number of records have been written?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
muruganr117
Participant

Re: Hash file not getting created

Post by muruganr117 »

pradeepleon wrote:
amitendra_amit wrote:Hi,

Cheers

Hi there,

For Hash File Stage:
If you have to create the file for each run,set it to 'clear before writing' or if there are any custom standards,check the create file in general tab.then go to the options and set it accordingly
Hi,

I echo the same as pradeep, we need to check the option "clear file before creation", other than that, i would like to point one more thing, Since you have stated as 3 million records, may be while it was working for previous runs, the storage space might be full and no space left in device. This prevents from creation of file and job aborts . You can also verify the same.

regards
Murugan