Microsoft Access MDB OLEDB

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Microsoft Access MDB OLEDB

Post by Nisusmage »

Good Day,

I'm trying to push data into an Access DB from a straight forward Sequential file stage. I'm using the MSOLEDB stage with all the correct parameters and columns,etc.

However I keep getting the following (quite undescriptive) error:
DataStage Job 59 Phantom 5568
Program "DSP.Open": Line 122, Exception raised in GCI subroutine:
Access violation.
Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage AccessTest..MS_OLEDB_33
DataStage Phantom Aborting with @ABORT.CODE = 3
Can anyone help me with writing data to Access?
Am I using the correct stages?[/quote][/b]
~The simpliest solutions are always the best~
~Trick is to understand the complexity to implement simplicity~
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This could be a bug introduced into the MSOLEDB stage - or it could be that your connection string is not as correct as you believe it to be. Double check the latter then involve your support provider. Can you connect to Access via ODBC? Have you successfully built and tested a Connector for this MDB file?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Nisusmage
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nisusmage »

I double checked everything. Either there are some settings that are missing which are not in the documentation OR as you say there is a bug OR I'm missing something. If I find it, I'll respond to this topic.

Note:
It does seem to open the MDB, it adjusts the size and creates an .ldb file. So there is light but I'm still in the tunnel.
This is what I wrote: Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=C:\Temp\Valuation.mdb;Mode=ReadWrite|Share Deny None;Persist Security Info=False
~The simpliest solutions are always the best~
~Trick is to understand the complexity to implement simplicity~
asaf_arbely
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by asaf_arbely »

I encountered the same problem with DS 8.0.1 and resolved it with a patch received from IBM support.

It is a bug in the OLE DB stage.

Patch ID is e119125.

Asaf.