NLS mode for DataStage 6.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vermarah
Participant

NLS mode for DataStage 6.0

Post by vermarah »

Hi
We have Spanish character set in our Source text files. For that we think of NLS mode to turn on.
But it is disabled. How can we turn it on?

Is DataStage 6.0 compatible to support NLS mode? If not can any one tell me which version of DataStage 6x support NLS mode?
Rahul verma
Software Engineer
Mumbai (India)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Versions 2.5, 3.1 and any higher number supports NLS, however, the choice to install NLS must be made when installing the server component. Howver, ou should not need NLS to handle Spanish characters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Oracle, as is its wont, does things differently from the rest of the world.
WE means Western, 8 means 8-bit. The 8859 refers to the ISO 8859 standards, and the P1 means part 1. For the rest of the world the name of the character map is ISO8859-1. MSWIN1252 refers to Microsoft Windows code page 1252, which is US English, and functionally equivalent in most respects to ISO8859-1. That's why I don't think you need NLS for DataStage. Just make sure the Oracle environment variables are correctly set.

There is a code map file, called oracle.cs if I recall correctly, where you can map from one to the other.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.