Importing Sybase Table Definitions

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Importing Sybase Table Definitions

Post by hobocamp »

I'm currently connecting DataStage to Sybase using an ODBC connection. Should I be able to import a Sybase table definition?

Whenever I attempt to import, I get the dreaded "unable to initialize plugin" message. I do have the plugin installed, but I don't have the Sybase client installed on the server where DataStage resides.

Since I'm not using OCI, I don't have anything I can change in my dsenv file, which seems to sometimes be the resolution to this error message.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Tom
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OCI is Oracle, not sure why you mentioned it. And if you don't have the client installed, you can't use the Sybase plug-in to import metadata. However, you should be able to use ODBC to import the definitions. Have you tried that?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
hobocamp
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hobocamp »

Craig -

THanks for the response. Yes, the OCI mention was a mistake on my part - sorry about that.

I had an error in my uvodbc.config file. Once I corrected that I was able to import the definitions using ODBC.

Thanks for your help!

Tom
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Time to mark your post as "Resolved".
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.