Error while Hash file creation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chitravallivenkat
Participant

Error while Hash file creation

Post by chitravallivenkat »

Hi All,

When we try to create hash files , the job is aborting with the following error message :
" GSAP_LOOKUP_CreateLkpForRegJobs..XrefSctyOvrdHash.ToBuildSctyOvrdHash: DSD.UVOpen
The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive. (17): G:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\DEV_ZGP0GSAS\mkdb007352aa
mkdbfile: unable to move temp file to file H:\DEV_ZGP0GSAS\Hash\\PreAggXrefSctyOvrdHash
"

Can anyone of you help me ?

Regards
VC
georgesebastian
Participant

Re: Error while Hash file creation

Post by georgesebastian »

chitravallivenkat wrote:Hi All,

When we try to create hash files , the job is aborting with the following error message :
" GSAP_LOOKUP_CreateLkpForRegJobs..XrefSctyOvrdHash.ToBuildSctyOvrdHash: DSD.UVOpen
The system cannot move the file to a different disk drive. (17): G:\Ascential\DataStage\Projects\DEV_ZGP0GSAS\mkdb007352aa
mkdbfile: unable to move temp file to file H:\DEV_ZGP0GSAS\Hash\\PreAggXrefSctyOvrdHash
"

Can anyone of you help me ?

Regards
VC
Hi ,

Have you before created hashed file in the Loc H:\DEV_ZGP0GSAS\Hash\\PreAggXrefSctyOvrdHash [/b]
IF yes check there is enough space ..

Thanks
George
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Re: Error while Hash file creation

Hi,

We have created the file earlier but after getting this error we deleted all the files from the directory and still we are getting this error...
georgesebastian
Participant

Post by georgesebastian »

Hi,

I think we have to wait for some of the Gurus .
By the time,Try creating the hashed file in some other location.

Thanks
George
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is H:\ a network drive? I don't believe it's possible to use mkdbfile to create a hashed file on a network drive.
I'm also a little concerned about how there is a double "\" in the pathname.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chitravallivenkat
Participant

Hi,

Actually this hash file is created long time back and we were using it for the last 2 months and then it was not giving any error.Today only i got this error while running this job.if i change the filename it will not give error.The folder is in the machine where datastage is installed.

Regards
VC
mcolen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Have had this before

Post by mcolen »

had a phantom running you have to cancel all processes running against the file. You may have to go into administrator (or uv) do a list.readu to determine user id and processes and end processes and release user. :roll: