Scheduling a job quarterly

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

userasif
Participant

Scheduling a job quarterly

Post by userasif »

Hi to all,

I want to schedule a job so that it should run on quarterly (1st day of January, April, July, October). How I can do this? I am sure this would be possible in DS.

Thanks.

Aachi
nick.bond
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by nick.bond »

I don't think the scheduler that comes with datastage is that sophisticated. All it does though is add entries to Cron so you could setup a basic entry to run every week and then manually change the Cron entry to fulfil you requirements.
Regards,

Nick.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no 'scheduler' that ships with DataStage. As noted, it's just an interface to cron on your UNIX server. If you are using DataStage to create cron entries for this, then just 'Add to schedule' four times once a year. :wink:

Are you looking for something more... automated? Do you have an Enterprise scheduler like Control-M? Not sure it's worth losing too many brain cells when a couple of minutes a year get you set up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
The Schedualer "supplied" in the DS Director interface is some what limited.
If you insist on using it you will need to schedual 4 runs one foreach occurance of the mentioned dates.

You can also use the OS schedualer (which is what the Director schedual uses) or any other organizational schedualer in use in your organization.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org