Selecting SAP-System by using Environment Variables

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rogue
Premium Member
Premium Member

Selecting SAP-System by using Environment Variables

Post by rogue »

Hi guys

I have created a job with a SAP stage that loads a simple table from a SAP system which works pretty fine.

Now I wanted to parameterize the used connection.

There is a job parameter with the value for the connection which I used before. I cleared the connection and selected the connection paramter by choosing 'Use job parameter...'.

When I try to validate the connection DS rises an error: Value for ID 'ASHOST' not found

When I try to see the properties it shows: '%1 could not be created'

Any useful hints?

Thanks in advance

Andreas
thebird
Participant

Post by thebird »

I believe you have to provide details like - system#, host name and (or) router string - for using a parameter for SAP environment.

You can do this by clicking the arrow beside where the SAP Environment has to be provided. This would give you a few options like - select, properties etc.
rogue
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rogue »

I have provided three complete sets of SAP connections.

When I select them explicit there are all working fine.

What I want now is to choose one of these connections by using an environment variable.

This is necessary due to that most SAP systems are using minimum two instances - some time three or four. One productive system and a system for developping.
In my projekt I'm using more than one SAP stage and the SAP system should be replaceable without changing the jobs themselves.

Best regards
Andreas
rogue
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rogue »

...sorry for bringing this up again.

I've tried to solve this issue over and over again.

noone here to help?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No SAP experience here, so no - other than to suggest you take this to your Support provider.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers