Loop activity

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Could you please post a better picture of your job? I've got no idea if the Nested stage (or anything else) is inside the loop or not and I'd rather not assume. Also post the Trigger expressions on your jobs and the triggers used in the Nested stage. Any jobs finish other than 'Finished OK'? What about the Sequence job itself?

All your message means is the loop exited early.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tom
Participant

Loop activity

Post by tom »

Hi DSxians,

I have a sequence job design like below

Nstd activity---->job act1---->
|
|----------------->jobact2----->sequencer-->End loop
|
|------------------>job act3---->
|
|
|
start loop------------------------------------------

I am using a comma delimited list loop values in start loop which are parametrized and taken from a file.Based
on the list i want to run any of the 3 jobs using trigger conditions.(if two list values then two jobs should run or if one list value then one job like that).In my case iteration is happening only once and ran the desired job based on the first list value.Then the sequencer is finished with following messages.

s_edwso_static_seq_loop..JobControl (@StartLoop_Activity_53): Loop through list (3 items): iteration 2
s_edwso_static_seq_loop..JobControl (@Coordinator): Note: Loop 'StartLoop_Activity_53' was started, but did not complete all its iterations

Is there anything wrong in the above job design?Could you please help me.thanks for your time.

Thanks.
tom
Devlopers corner